Sunday, January 27, 2008

My new idol...


This lovely lady is Barbara. I met her at Soyka (a local restuarant) and I couldn't stop fussing over how fabulous she looked! I mean look at her! She even has a matching pink headband and gold studs on her shoes! I hope to look half as good as her when I am her age (if I make it). I asked if I could take a picture of her and she even offered to pose for me!

She used to own her own modeling agency so she knew how to work the camera.

We got to talking and I found out that she dated song composer Jimmy Van Heusen in the 1940's and it was he who introduced her to her future roommate, the rising star, Marylin Monroe. She roomed briefly with Marylin in California and said that she was "an angel".

Barbara, you are an angel and I am your biggest fan! :)

1 comment:

Caroline Geys said...

i love it! she has that special look about her that says, "i've been places, good places!"